To create an estimate, click the top right "Add New" button on your Dashboard and choose "Estimate".
You will then be taken to an empty estimate template, offering a series of text and numerical inputs, which we'll go into now:
- Estimate Title:
- At the top of your invoice, you'll be able to specify an alternative title for your statement. For estimates, this defaults to "Estimate". Many like to use "Quote" instead.
- Estimate Description:
- Right below your invoice title you'll be able to enter a description for your estimate, which will later also act as a reference in your estimate list. Keep this description short - near the bottom of your estimate you'll be able to provide a more detailed description.
- Estimate No.
Your estimate number sequentially increases with each estimate created. To make changes to your estimate sequence style, simply adjust it on an estimate once - invoicely will automatically detect the change and number any future estimate accordingly.
- The language you would like your invoice to appear in. You can manage your languages by navigating to Business Settings Business Customizations Languages
- The currency you would like your invoice amounts to be displayed in.
- "From" field:
In invoices and estimates, this is your business. When working with bills, this is the business acting as your vendor.
- "To" field:
- In invoices and estimates, this is your client. When working with bills, this is your business.
- The date your estimate is issued (defaults to today's date).
- Estimate Valid Till:
Here you can specify the number of days (after the estimate date) or a fixed date your invoice becomes due.
- Line Item Description:
- The name and description of your line item. Below this field on the right side you'll see four buttons, allowing you to upload files, add a date, include hyperlinks in your description, and add tags. On the right side there maybe three additional buttons allowing you to add item-based taxes, discounts and shipping.
- Quantity, Rate, Unit:
Your line item quantity, per-unit price and unit.
- Your line item total amount before taxes. For items, time entries and mileage entries this will be calculated automatically. When adding expenses to your estimate, the line item amount is editable.
- Total Taxes, Discounts
- & Shipping:
- Below your "Balance" line on the right side you may see three buttons, allowing you to add taxes, discounts and shipping to your invoice sub total. You can specify default taxes, discounts and shipping by navigating to Business Settings Taxes, Discounts & Shipping
- Estimate Note:
- Your invoice note (or description). You are free to fill this with any type of information, e.g. your bank account details. You can specify an invoice default note by navigating to Business Settings Business Customizations Notes & Emails Invoice Default Note
- Estimate Footer:
- You can specify an invoice default footer by navigating to Business Settings Business Customizations Notes & Emails Statement Footer
Along with your basic estimate details you can also specify a series of estimate settings. Please note that in order to open these settings you will have to specify a client for your estimate. The following adjustments can be made from within your estimate settings:
- Here you can specify whether or not to attach a PDF invoice to this particular invoice, and whether or not to send your default email along with it. By choosing "Send a custom email" you'll be able to adjust your invoice email accordingly.