To create an invoice, click the top right "Add New" button on your Dashboard and choose "Invoice".
You will then be taken to an empty invoice template, offering a series of text and numerical inputs, which we'll go into now:
- Invoice Title:
- At the top of your invoice, you'll be able to specify an alternative title for your statement. For invoices, this defaults to "Invoice".
- Invoice Description:
- Right below your invoice title you'll be able to enter a description for your invoice, which will later also act as a reference in your invoice list. Keep this description short - near the bottom of your invoice you'll be able to provide a more detailed description.
- Invoice No.
Your invoice number sequentially increases with each invoice created. To make changes to your invoice sequence style, simply adjust it on an invoice once - invoicely will automatically detect the change and number any future invoices accordingly.
- The language you would like your invoice to appear in. You can manage your languages by navigating to Business Settings Business Customizations Languages
- The currency you would like your invoice amounts to be displayed in.
- "From" field:
In invoices and estimates, this is your business. When working with bills, this is the business acting as your vendor.
- "To" field:
- In invoices and estimates, this is your client. When working with bills, this is your business.
- The date your invoice is issued (defaults to today's date).
- Invoice Due:
Here you can specify the number of days (after the invoice date) or a fixed date your invoice becomes due.
- Purchase Order No.:
- The Purchase Order Number issues by your business.
- Line Item Description:
- The name and description of your line item. Below this field on the right side you'll see four buttons, allowing you to upload files, add a date, include hyperlinks in your description, and add tags. On the right side there maybe three additional buttons allowing you to add item-based taxes, discounts and shipping.
- Quantity, Rate, Unit:
Your line item quantity, per-unit price and unit.
- Your line item total amount before taxes. For items, time entries and mileage entries this will be calculated automatically. When adding expenses to your invoice, the line item amount is editable.
- Total Taxes, Discounts
- & Shipping:
- Below your "Balance" line on the right side you may see three buttons, allowing you to add taxes, discounts and shipping to your invoice sub total. You can specify default taxes, discounts and shipping by navigating to Business Settings Taxes, Discounts & Shipping
- Invoice Note:
- Your invoice note (or description). You are free to fill this with any type of information, e.g. your bank account details. You can specify an invoice default note by navigating to Business Settings Business Customizations Notes & Emails Invoice Default Note
- Invoice Footer:
- You can specify an invoice default footer by navigating to Business Settings Business Customizations Notes & Emails Statement Footer
Along with your basic invoice details, you can also specify a series of invoice settings. Please note that in order to open these settings you will have to specify a client for your invoice. The following adjustments can be made from within your invoice settings:
- Payment Method:
- You can choose which of your activated payment methods to allow for this particular invoice. By clicking the righthand "Your Payment Integrations" button you'll be able to add and remove payment methods from your business.
- Here you can specify whether or not to attach a PDF invoice to this particular invoice, and whether or not to send your default email along with it. By choosing "Send a custom email" you'll be able to adjust your invoice email accordingly.
🚀 New to invoicely?
Check out our newly published Onboarding Video Series that is designed to help you get started with invoicely:
Onboarding Part 1: Login & Account Set Up
Onboarding Part 2: Business Settings
Onboarding Part 3: Creating an Invoice